Intel Innovation 2023 Supermicro, Inc , a Total IT Solution Provider for Cloud, AI/ML, Storage and 5G/Edge, announces future support for 5th Generation Intel Xeon processors coming soon. In addition, Supermicro will soon offer qualified customers early shipping and free early access remote testing of the new systems through the JumpStart program . The Supermicro 8x GPU-optimized servers, the SuperBlade servers and the Hyper Series will be ready soon for customers to test their workloads on the new CPU.
“Supermicro’s offering of generative, high-performance AI systems, including recently launched GPUs, continues to lead the industry in AI offerings with its broad range of X13 servers designed for a variety of workloads from the edge to the cloud” , said Charles Liang , president and CEO of Supermicro . “Our support for the upcoming 5th Generation Intel 5G Edge and Enterprise Workloads These new features will help customers accelerate their operations and maximize their competitive advantage.”
Watch the Supermicro TechTALK about how Supermicro is partnering with Intel to launch new X13 servers with 5th generation Intel Xeon processors.
Supermicro Using PCIe 5.0, the latest peripherals with CXL 1.1, NVMe storage and the latest GPU accelerators ensure faster application processing times. Customers will soon be able to use the new 5th Generation Intel Xeon processors in the proven Supermicro X13 servers, without the need for a software redesign or architectural change. This reduces the lead times associated with completely new platforms and CPU designs, resulting in higher productivity.
“The 5th Generation Intel Xeon processors build on the success of the “The strong relationship we have with Supermicro will help ensure that customers will soon be able to realize the benefits of 5th Generation Intel Xeon processors on platforms already proven in the data center.”
The Supermicro portfolio of X13 systems is optimized for performance, energy efficiency, better manageability and security, supports open industry standards and is optimized at rack scale.
- Support for the most powerful CPUs and GPUs
- Support for DDR5 memory, which accelerates data movement to and from the CPUs, leading to faster processing times.
- Support for PCIe 5.0 that doubles the bandwidth to peripherals, speeding up communication time to storage or hardware accelerators.
- Support for Compute Express Link (CXL 1.1) allows applications to share resources, allowing applications to work with much larger data sets than ever before.
- Built-in Intel Accelerator Engines for workload-specific acceleration. These include Intel Advanced Matrix Extensions for AI, Intel Data Streaming Accelerator for networking and storage, Intel In-Memory Analytics Accelerator for memory-bound applications, Intel Dynamic Load Balancer for load balancing, and Intel vRAN Boost for increased efficiency in mobile network workloads.
- ntel Trust Domain Extensions (Intel TDX) will be generally available with 5th generation Intel Xeon processors.
- AI and Metaverse ready with a wide range of powerful GPUs.
- Support for multiple 400G InfiniBand and Data Processing Units (DPU) enables real-time collaboration with extremely low latencies.
Energy efficient – Reduces OPEX of data centers
- The systems can be used in data center environments with high temperatures up to 40°C, reducing cooling costs.
- Supports rack-scale free air cooling or liquid cooling technologies.
- Support for multiple airflow cooling zones for maximum CPU and GPU performance.
- Titanium PSUs’ proprietary design delivers improved operational efficiency.
Improved security and manageability
- NIST 800-193 compliant hardware platform Root of Trust (RoT) on each server node provides secure boot, secure firmware updates, and automatic recovery.
- Second-generation Silicon RoT, designed to encompass industry standards, offers tremendous opportunities for collaboration and innovation.
- Open industry standards-based attestation/supply chain assurance from motherboard production through server production to customers. Supermicro has cryptographically confirmed the integrity of every component and firmware using signed certificates and secure device identity.
- Runtime BMC protections continuously monitor threats and provide notification services.
- Hardware TPMs provide additional capabilities and measurements necessary to operate systems in secure environments.
- Remote management, built on industry standard and secure Redfish APIs, enables seamless integration of Supermicro products into existing infrastructure.
- A comprehensive software package that enables rack management at scale for IT infrastructure solutions deployed from the core to the edge.
- Integrated and verified solutions with standard third-party hardware and firmware ensure the best out-of-the-box experience for IT administrators.
Support for open industry standards
- EDSFF E1.S and E3.S storage drives provide a future-proof platform with a common connector for all form factors, a wide range of power profiles, and enhanced thermal profiles.
- OCP 3.0-compliant Advanced IO Module (AIOM) cards, providing up to 400 Gbps bandwidth based on PCIe 5.0.
- OCP Open Accelerator Module Universal base board design for the GPU complex.
- Open ORV2 compliant, DC powered rack busbar.
- Support for Open BMC and Open BIOS (OCP OSF) on select products.
SOURCE : PRNewswire